To understand the current state of customer experience (CX) management at business-to-business firms, Qualtrics XM Institute surveyed 155 CX practitioners at B2B and B2B&C companies with 1,000 or more employees about their organizations’ CX efforts. As part of this study, respondents also completed our CX Competency and Maturity Assessment. Highlights from this research include:
- B2B companies prioritize CX. Customer experience is a significant or critical priority for 65% of B2B organizations, according to CX practitioners. Product experience is the second-most highly prioritized experience area for B2B companies.
- Most organizations are in the first two stages of maturity. Just three percent of B2B organizations have reached the highest stage of maturity, Embed. More than two-thirds of organizations fell into the first two stages of maturity, Investigate (41%) and Initiate (31%). Use the Customer Experience (CX) Maturity Assessment to evaluate your organization’s CX skills and competencies.
- B2B companies are listening to their customers. Eighty-seven percent of practitioners reported that their company uses relationship tracking as part of their CX management program. Additionally, over half said their company uses interaction feedback (68%) and journey feedback (54%). Just 2% of practitioners reported that their company did not use any of the six common listening posts.
- Competing priorities is the top obstacle to B2B CX success. Sixty-nine percent of practitioners cited other competing organizational priorities as a significant obstacle to their organization’s CX management efforts, followed by poor integration across systems (61%) and technology limitations (53%).
Here are the figures in this Data Snapshot:
- Priority of Improving XM
- Evaluating CX Technology, Competency, and Culture
- Evaluating CX Agility
- Core CX Metrics
- CX Listening Posts
- Obstacles to CX Success
- Looking Ahead: CX Technologies
- Calculating the CX Maturity Assessment
- CX Competency and Maturity Results