As part of Qualtrics’ global employee study, employees from 32 countries rated their current work experiences across several components. From this study, we analyzed the five key performance indicators (Engagement, Inclusion, Well-Being, Intent to Stay, and Experience v Expectations) for employee experience as well as the top drivers of Engagement in each country. In this snapshot, we share the metrics from the Americas. We found that:
- KPI ratings vary by country. Employee Well-Being ratings span 19 percentage-points in this region, the greatest variation of all KPIs. Intent to Stay ratings have the smallest gap, spanning 11 percentage-points across the seven countries measured in this region.
- Brazilian employees report the highest Intent to Stay. The majority of Brazilian employees (72%) have expressed an intention to stay working with their current employer for 3 years or more. Employers in Chile should expect the most turnover as 61% of employees in this country report Intent to Stay with their current employer for at least 3 years.
- Mexican employees report the greatest change in employee experience since 2021. Since 2021, Mexico’s five KPI metrics have changed on average 4 percentage-points, the most of any country in this region. The ratings Canadian employees provide, meanwhile, have deviated the least, shifting by 3.4 percentage-points.
- Professional development is a top driver of employee engagement. Six of the seven American countries in this study selected I feel that my career goals can be met at this organization as a top driver of employee engagement, and another four have it in their top five drivers. All seven countries include I am encouraged to develop new and better ways of serving customers in their top drivers of Engagement as well.
- American employees changed their Experience v Expectations ratings the most since 2021. Of the five KPIs, Experience v Expectations saw the biggest rating change since 2021, shifting on average 7 percentage-points in the countries included in both studies. Employee Well-Being ratings deviated the least over the same period, with an average change of just 0.5 percentage-points.
Here are the figures in this Data Snapshot:
- KPI Questions
- Employee Experience KPIs: Global
- Well-Being by Country
- Inclusion by Country
- Engagement by Country
- Intent to Stay by Country
- Experience v Expectations by Country
- Employee Experience KPIs: Argentina
- Employee Experience KPIs: Brazil
- Employee Experience KPIs: Canada
- Employee Experience KPIs: Chile
- Employee Experience KPIs: Colombia
- Employee Experience KPIs: Mexico
- Employee Experience KPIs: United States
- Engagement Drivers Index